The variety of glasses available for architectural use continues to expand to give performance of:
The combinations of products in laminated glass and glazing units leads to a large number of glazing options.
CWCT is publishing 'The use of glass in the building envelope'.
- Environmental control
- Post-failure integrity
- Fire resistance
- Resistance to attack
Environmental control glasses
Environmental control glasses take many forms including; insulated, tinted, filmed and switchable glass.
CWCT has published 'guide to advanced glazings'.
Advice on glass usage
CWCT has published the following Technical Notes on the use of glass:
Technical Notes are available here.
- TN35 Assessing the appearance of glass
- TN42 Safety and fragility of glazed roofing
- TN43 Film backed glass
- TN61 Glass types (supersedes TN 11)
- TN62 Specification of insulating glass units (supersedes TN 12)
- TN63 Glass breakage (supersedes TN 13)
- TN65 Thermal fracture of glass
- TN66 Safety and fragility of glazed roofing: guidance on specification
- TN67 Safety and fragility of glazed roofing: testing and assessment
- TN68 Overhead glazing
- TN69 Selection of glass to prevent falls from height